If you ever drop your phone in water (or any liquid), here’s what to do:
Few days ago I dropped my iPhone 5S in the toilet and was really desperate to try to get it work again. Then I surfed around the internet for solid tips and I thought I would combine all the information I found here. And with these tips my phone is as good as new!
- Take everything apart, if you have an iPhone; take out the sim at least
- Dry any visible damage with a papertowel and q-tips and try to gently shake the phone if any liquid excess comes out
- DONT BLOWDRY IT!! The heat will only make more damage, if you have a blowdryer that blows cool air you can dry it off with a good distance
- After minimizing any damage get a minigrip bag or a regular plastic bag that you can close, put a good amount of rice in it (try to get organic that doesnt leave white powder all over your phone after taking it off from the bag), then place your phone in it with little bit of air and close it
- Let your phone settle down for min. 48h and longer if you desire, the rice will suck out the moisture inside the phone and it’ll hopefully work again (not 100% certain)
posted July 21st with 6 notes
: You look amazing today
THANK YOU MY DAY WAS REALLY CRAPPY THIS CHEERED ME UP
: Is it working? Your phone.
YES THANK GOD IT WAS IN A RICE BAG FOR 48H AND IT WORKS AGAIN